Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Spain!!!!

I forgot to mention (or maybe I did) that the same time I went to Paris, we also we to Madrid, Spain!! Spain was much warmer than Paris, much sunnier and in my opinion, getting around was a lot easier to navigate through this city too. One disappointing thing about our trip to Spain was that our first day spent running around the airport. It's a long, crazy story and some day I'll share the story on here. But for the whole day that we had to roam throughout the city, we enjoyed the sites. Since it was a nice, sunny day, we took the metro to Retiro Park and strolled through the park until we saw the Palacio de Cristal! Unfortunately, it was closed for renovations and we didn't get to go inside. *womp womp* We also got to see the actual Royal Place of Madrid which was pretty neat as well. After all that walking (and getting lost) we headed over to the Puerto de Sol for Tapas and sangrias! There's another back story having to deal with getting tapas, but that too, is for another time. The next time I travel to Madrid and other cities of Spain, I totally plan on enjoying more of the sites, eat more of the food (leaving unwanted guest in the US) and just enjoy life.

No comments: